There are three clear scenarios for teaching
Now the former country chief Dana Guth has resigned from the party. She confirmed that on Thursday of the dpa in Hanover. "After long and careful consideration, I have now made the decision to end my membership in the AfD", Guth wrote to the state association and county boards.
"The party has been dealing exclusively with itself for years", it said in their statement. "Unfortunately, it does not gain political influence." The stigmatization from outside has meant that many only move in their own echo chamber. The absolute rejection rate of the AfD in the population is 75 percent.
The dispute over direction broke out openly in late summer, when the AfD member of the Bundestag Jens Kestner was elected to succeed Guth, who was considered to be moderate. Kestner has so far been the now officially dissolved, folk-nationalist "wing" added. When Guth was to be replaced as parliamentary group leader, she resigned from the parliamentary group with MPs Stefan Wirtz and Jens Ahrends. Ahrends switched to the Liberal-Conservative Reformers (LKR), a small party that arose out of protest against a shift to the right by the AfD that was established by its founders.
With the exit of the three politicians, the parliamentary group ceased to exist because it no longer has the required minimum number of members. The right to have a say in parliament has therefore been curtailed and group subsidies of around 100,000 euros a month have been canceled. All attempts at reconciliation fail, there were mutual accusations. Guth now wrote that the break should not have come about if the majority of the other MPs had stuck to their bourgeois course.
"The AfD wanted to be different. A reason for me to join this party in 2016"wrote Guth. "We did not want to fight for positions and offices like the others, give list places and employee contracts as a reward for loyal service, and we did not want to breed professional politicians." This is exactly the case now, says Guth. "But there is one thing that the AfD will definitely not do in this way: "Save Germany"."
The AfD state chairman Jens Kestner was not surprised at NDR Lower Saxony about the exit. "I am not surprised, however, that Ms. Guth left the party. Of course, she would like to anticipate expulsion from the party." Regarding Guth’s allegations about the dominance of "Wing" Kestner told NDR: "The wing has been dissolved and you no longer need to talk about what has been dissolved, because that no longer exists."
This weekend, the AfD-Lower Saxony wants to decide on the list of candidates for the federal election next year. Around 500 members are expected to compile the lists on Saturday and Sunday in Braunschweig. Guth criticized the fact that the assembly meeting was organized without any temporal emergency in the middle of the Corona crisis so that the conservative wing in the state association could fill the positions on the list of candidates. Six of the ten proposed candidates belonged to the new state executive.
The list of applicants published by the AfD regional association includes Kestner, his Bundestag colleague Waldemar Herdt, state parliament member Christopher Emden and vice chairman Uwe Wappler. The former state chairman Armin-Paul Hampel is also listed. According to a report in the political journal "Panorama" there are indications that Hampel should again be the top candidate for the federal election. Guth meanwhile kept his fingers crossed for the bourgeois candidates in her statement, "they are perhaps the last chance for the AfD in Lower Saxony".
The police said that two protest events with 150 participants each have been registered for the weekend against the party meeting in Braunschweig.
Education unions in Lower Saxony have criticized the Federal Ministry of Health’s plan for corona rapid tests of daycare and school staff. The teachers’ union Association of Education and Upbringing (VBE) rejects any overtime caused by this.
Studies have shown that school administrators are barely able to complete all the necessary tasks in the scheduled time – and a new field of activity is already opening up, said Lower Saxony’s VBE state chief Franz-Josef Meyer on Friday. Teachers are also massively burdened by unpaid overtime.
With the plan of the corona rapid tests on your own in the school "once again unrealistic expectations are rashly awakened by politics, which cannot be met at all", criticized Meyer and at the same time emphasized: "The VBE is for rapid antigen tests in schools, but carried out and evaluated by trained staff."
According to the Federal Ministry of Health, daycare centers and schools can independently obtain and use corona rapid tests.https://123helpme.me/argumentative-essay/ The basis for this is an amendment to the Medical Device Dispensing Ordinance that is coming into force and the recently adopted changes to the Infection Protection Act, which means that the doctor’s reservation for rapid tests is no longer applicable. However, according to the ministry, the tests must be carried out by appropriately trained personnel.
The state chairman of the Education and Science Union (GEW), Laura Pooth, said: "Who organizes the purchase and distribution of the rapid tests? Should school employees now be seriously trained to become corona test specialists?" Rapid antigen tests do not reduce the risk of infection. The shortage of staff and failures in the hygiene equipment in schools remained unsolved in many places. She also raised the question of whether employees should also test the students later. "The GEW would clearly oppose this!"
"Corona tests in children by teachers are absolutely taboo for the VBE anyway", also emphasized Meyer. It is completely unacceptable to burden school management with even more tasks in dealing with the Corona crisis. Questions in connection with the purchase of the tests and the transfer of data are also unanswered. The planned procedure is already now "doomed to failure in this form." There is a lack of human resources for the additional tasks and it is unclear whether sufficient test capacities are available for all interested schools and daycare centers.
The announcement by Federal Health Minister Jens Spahn (CDU) that daycare centers and schools or their providers could independently obtain and use rapid tests have met with criticism from the Lower Saxony Ministry of Education. "The questions of proper use, the financing of the purchases and the billing are still completely open", announced Minister Grant Hendrik Tonne (SPD) on Thursday. In addition, the message should not be sent that the coronavirus is done with the rapid antigen tests – they are not a substitute for the hygiene concepts. Rapid antigen tests could, however, help to stabilize the system and relieve employees of worries.
According to the Federal Ministry of Health, daycare centers and schools can independently obtain and use corona rapid tests from this Friday. The basis for this is an amendment to the Medical Device Dispensing Ordinance that is coming into force and the recently adopted changes to the Infection Protection Act, which means that the doctor’s reservation for rapid tests is no longer applicable. However, according to the ministry, the tests must be carried out by appropriately trained personnel.
Lower Saxony’s Interior Minister Boris Pistorius urges a swift decision on whether the "Lateral thinking"Movement should be observed by the Office for the Protection of the Constitution. Before the autumn meeting of the Interior Ministers’ Conference (IMK) next week, at which Pistorius is the spokesman for the SPD ministers, he demanded decisive and rapid action: "The current, apparent infiltration by right-wing extremists cannot leave us indifferent"said Pistorius to him "Daily mirror" (Friday). "With the citizens of the Reich and the Identitarian Movement, that took me far too long."
The protection of the constitution started the nationwide observation of the so-called Reichsbürger at the end of 2016. In the same year, the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution classified the identity movement as a suspected case. In the meantime, according to a ruling by the Berlin Administrative Court, she is allowed to be "secured right-wing extremist" get ranked.
The corona pandemic has changed everything: the economy and labor market in Lower Saxony have got into more difficult waters. The new Lower Saxony Monitor 2020 primarily provides information on economic aspects – with the most important results for 2019 and results already available for 2020, said a spokeswoman for the State Office for Statistics. "We see 2019 as the reference year for further development", she said. Current data need to be classified: Where did Lower Saxony stand before the crisis, where were its strengths and where were weaknesses? The aim is to provide orientation for what has changed.
The past year played an important role in assessing the economic, social, financial and societal changes in the pandemic and in assessing the recovery phase after the crisis. The analysis, which will be published today (10.30 a.m.), shows the development and positioning of Lower Saxony in a comparison between the federal and state levels.
The corona pandemic exacerbates the plight of people on the street, many avoid urban accommodation because of a lack of privacy and violence. With the help of private donations, 34 homeless people have now been accommodated in two hotels in Hanover. The Niedergerke Foundation pays for the room rent. The 28 men and 6 women are cared for by Diakonie, Arbeiterwohlfahrt (AWO) and Caritas. "People can come to rest and develop perspectives, which is not possible in the sheer struggle for survival on the street"said Axel Fleischhauer from self-help for the homeless. Most of them are single rooms, four couples have a double room. There is a long waiting list for the project. According to the social worker, around 500 people live on the streets in Hanover.
In the spring, around 100 homeless people from the Lower Saxony state capital were housed in a youth hostel due to the corona pandemic. After three months, half of them found living space, reported Udo Niedergerke. He hopes that this success story will continue with the hotel project. The MUT Foundation also supports the project. It was also brought into being because the city did not extend the emergency program in mid-October and cleared a house where 17 homeless people last lived. This sparked criticism. In the meantime, the administration announced new, similar projects for the homeless.
According to the social affairs department, there are currently almost 500 homeless people in Bremen; according to spokesman Bernd Schneider, no more than two people sleep in one room in the larger facilities, due to the pandemic. According to the spokesman, contracts with hotels and pensions have been concluded for years, and more than 100 people are currently accommodated there.
In Hamburg, like in Hanover, an alliance of non-profit organizations is accommodating homeless people in a hotel until March to protect them from the corona virus and the winter cold. In Braunschweig, Oldenburg, Göttingen and Wolfsburg there are no such hotel projects so far, according to the administrations.
About ten of the homeless in the hotels in Hanover come from Eastern Europe. One of them has problems with his leg and no health insurance, said Gabriele Schuppe from the AWO: "We are very happy that the people are being looked after here." Even during the first phase in the youth hostel, two men housed there found work, but lost it when they had to go back to the streets.
Even before Corona, many homeless people avoided collective accommodation. In many places they are underutilized, even in severe winters. Udo Niedergerke said there was bed to bed in the old airport emergency shelter in Hanover, with partitions in between. "That is not human." According to Ricarda Niedergerke, the accommodation of the 34 women and men in the hotels costs around 25,000 euros a month. The foundation wants to give 150,000 euros for this and a follow-up project together with the city of Hanover.
Lower Saxony’s Minister of Culture, Grant Henrik Tonne, is campaigning for as much classroom teaching as possible after the Christmas holidays in the corona pandemic. Let it happen "but not by bending or breaking, but always sorted into the development of the number of infections"said the SPD politician "Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung" (Friday). "If we manage to be sensible at Christmas and New Years Eve, then the school year on January 11th will start with less stress than we are currently experiencing." He spoke of a currently longer phase of the slight decline in numbers, including in schools.
There are three clear scenarios for teaching. Tonne emphasized that none of these scenarios mean that there are no classes. "These scenarios carry us through the school year. But it is important to adjust the framework for this again and again." Infections in school are driven by behavior outside: "We don’t have mass distribution in schools."
Tonne announced that if face-to-face teaching is impaired for weeks, there will be the opportunity to switch from a central Abitur to a decentralized Abitur. It will be taken into account which topics could be dealt with at the school: "But there is no given high school diploma." This also applies to secondary school, secondary school and special school qualifications.
The "Bild newspaper" Tonne said there was no debate at the moment about extending the vacation because of the pandemic. "You also have to look at the situation after the turn of the year. We have brought the holidays forward so that we can identify a possible infection before Christmas Eve and visit relatives."
SDP parliamentary group leader Johanne Modder defended the budget draft of the red-black state government as a balanced compromise to deal with the corona crisis and future spending. Modder said on Tuesday at the start of the budget consultation in Hanover in the state parliament in Hanover. "There will be no broken savings in the crisis with the SPD parliamentary group." Investing in the future will continue to be prudent and targeted.
"The fact that we are not delivering a fireworks display of new million dollar projects here is simply due to the current corona situation"admitted modder. The group leader rejected opposition proposals on the budget.

