Surviving the Waiting Game. Our freshman application deadlines have actually passed which means we are in the thick of file review.
ï»¿The nature that is chatty of and catching up with peers is changed by quiet concentration in cubicles as we review several thousand applications. I love file review and getting to read the stories of my applicants but also know that now thousands of applicants are now actually twiddling their thumbs waiting for the decision. A lot goes into the review of an application and we take this responsibility quite seriously but I promise you April 1 seems just since far away to us as it does to you.
I applied and was admitted decision that is early college. I learned in mid-December, very nearly 11 years ago, and in some ways it had been a relief to know where i’d be going the following fall but in alternative methods it felt like I had somehow truncated my own process. USC doesn’t have early decision or early action programs, and I understand the waiting struggle is real.
Here are some things to pass the time (once you’ve finished your homework, obvi).
1. Make a wonderful playlist
2. Listen to Serial (or another podcast about something you have in mind. Nerdette? Start? Pop Culture Happy Hour?)
3. Watch this video on repeat
4. Learn how to get me personally employment here
5. Produce a list of things you want to do in your hometown before starting college
6. Take a second of video every single day. Or even a photo. Or write a sentence. Do somethi Continue reading